[Image-SIG] error install PIL 1.1.6

Friedrich, Tara TFriedrich at mednet.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 4 21:29:28 CET 2008

Hello,

I am trying to install python image library 1.1.6 and I am having the following errors when I install the lazy way using python setup.py install:

running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building '_imagingtk' extension
gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fPIC -fPIC -I/usr/include/freetype2 -IlibImaging -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c _imagingtk.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/_imagingtk.o
_imagingtk.c:20:16: error: tk.h: No such file or directory
_imagingtk.c:23: error: expected â)â before â*â token
_imagingtk.c:31: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before âTcl_Interpâ
_imagingtk.c: In function â_tkinitâ:
_imagingtk.c:37: error: âTcl_Interpâ undeclared (first use in this function)
_imagingtk.c:37: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
_imagingtk.c:37: error: for each function it appears in.)
_imagingtk.c:37: error: âinterpâ undeclared (first use in this function)
_imagingtk.c:45: error: expected expression before â)â token
_imagingtk.c:51: error: âTkappObjectâ has no member named âinterpâ
_imagingtk.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function âTkImaging_Initâ

and the more labor intensive way: python setup.py build_ext -i:

[...]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also if you could point me to any archives, that would be useful too.

Tara Friedrich
Geschwind Lab
University of California Los Angeles

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.