[Image-SIG] VUV color space conversions??

Ashish Sethi ashishbitsgoa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:12:02 CEST 2008

Hey all

I am back with a new doubt (all be it in the same color space spectrum)
MY doubts are regarding YUV color spectrum:-

1. How r yuv files saved in memory, I mean the format of yuv files and
how can PIL open yuv files.

2. How to obtain Y,U,V data of individual pixels and convert YUV 4:4:4
to 4:2:0,    4:1:1, 4:2:2 and vice versa

3. I would be very thankful if you could point me towards some reading
material regarding YUV conversions and also from where to download a
sample YUV file to test run my codes.

Thanks In Advance

Ashish