[Image-SIG] PIL on a Mac

crouad01 at luther.edu crouad01 at luther.edu
Fri Apr 13 23:06:26 CEST 2007

Hello Support,
I'm sitting here looking at the ReadMe for the PIL, and I realized
something a few moments back: this is more complicated than I thought it
would be. If it isn't too difficult, would you be able to tell me how I
could put the PIL in my computer so I can just play around with Python and
images. I am currently in a introductory course to computer science and we
are using Python. I am running it on a MacBook Pro right now. I guess I
had to download a MacPython in order to make Python work on my system. I'm
not too sure, but it does seem to work. The problem that I'm having now
seems to be stemming from his "Imaging-1.1.6" folder that I just
downloaded. What should I do with it? I was looking at the ReadMe (that's
where I got this e-mail) and it says that I'll need to download more
things (correct?). My professor did say something about Fink.
Now, I don't want you guys to go totally out of your way because there is
a computer lab on campus that I could do all this on, but I would like it
to be on my computer, too, just so I can finish the homework up and play
around with image transformations.
Thank you.
Adam Crouse