[Image-SIG] PIL in the wild

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 03:03:11 CEST 2006

I've developed an application that uses PIL+aggdraw on the server side to
render and save what clients draw on the client side.

I just wanted to mention how easy it was to get up and running with PIL and
how small the learning curve was.  I found the documentation to be very
adequate.  I considered posting to this list once or twice, but found that I
was able to resolve issues without extra help.

So anyway, I thought I'd just say thanks to all the people making PIL into
what it is!

If you're interested, you can check out http://mydrawings.com to see what
we've come up with.

A couple things I encountered in the process:
 1) w/ aggdraw, I didn't find a documented way to change the default line
ending and line caps so I changed the default in the source and recompiled.
I'm sure there was a way to do that but I never ran accross it.
 2) when I size images (using ANTIALIAS) smaller, the white space from the
original image is somewhat distorted and not completely white.

Anyway, these were small issues and overall, I'm quite happy with the way
PIL is working for me.

Thanks
Dennis Muhlestein