[Image-SIG] Truetype representation in Windows and Linux

Adam Twardoch adam at twardoch.com
Sat Jul 29 20:54:04 CEST 2006

My guess is that on your Windows machine, FreeType (that is used to render
texts from PIL) is compiled with native TrueType hinting support enabled
while on Linux, you have FreeType without native TrueType hinting option.
You'd need to build FreeType with native TrueType hinting enabled to get
the same results as on Windows.

A.