[Image-SIG] Quicker image transfer, tobuffer?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jul 12 07:47:46 CEST 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Pete Shinners wrote:
> > Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker <at> noaa.gov> writes:
>
> >> http://numeric.scipy.org/array_interface.html
>
> > Yeah, this would be an ideal solution. I hope more of the base array stuff can
> > get into Python 2.6.
>
> > We did look at the array proposal, but haven't been able to jump on it yet
> > because of adoption. I guess it needs another package or two to get the ball
> > rolling.
>
> Well, it would be nice if PyGame and PIL were that those packages.
> wxPython will be using it before to long -- I"m going to write the code
> for that if no one beats me to it.

That would be brilliant - I have been using numpy for a while now
(and Numeric for a bit longer ;-) and we also use wxPython
a lot in our research code demonstrations. Therefore a fast and simple
exchange between numpy and wxpython is *very*  much appreciated!

In the same spirit: I also use PIL quite a lot, so a fast
transfer of data from/to numpy arrays to/from PIL images would
be great!

Just some end-users cents ;-),

Many thanks, Arnd