[Image-SIG] Unable to get PIL to load jpeg images (2)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Feb 8 00:12:00 CET 2006

peter.mosley at dsl.pipex.com wrote:

> I must have jpeg libraries somewhere, as other appliations (eg GIMP and gThumb)
> will show jpeg images.  But if they're not in /usr/lib, and the locate command
> doesn't show any other likely candidates, how do I go about finding them?

chances are that you only have runtime libraries, and no developer files.
this would mean that applications that are linked against libjpeg will work,
but that you cannot link new applications (like PIL) against them...

try installing the "libjpeg62-dev" package (or whatever that's called on
fedora).