[Image-SIG] save() question/bug

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Aug 30 11:50:42 CEST 2006

"izak marais" wrote:

> Also it cannot be a fault with the conversion from array process since calling
> show() om the image displays it perfectly. The problem only occurs when saving.
> I've tried saving to different formats, this just changes the "skewness" of the
> image and the position of the black line.

show() does save the image, though, so that's a bit puzzling.

does the image still look good if you do

    im.save("out.im", "IM")
    im = Image.open("out.im")
    im.show()

after you've done show() in the usual way?

what happens if you replace the above with:

    im.im.save_ppm("out.ppm") # note "im.im"
    im = Image.open("out.ppm")
    im.show()