[Image-SIG] Problem with JPEG and CMYK color space

Cesare Leonardi ced at bernispa.com
Tue Apr 18 17:11:45 CEST 2006

kevin at cazabon.com ha scritto:
> I've verified that the patch works with current versions of Photoshop, but
> you do raise a good point Fredrik... it should be checked with other
> programs too.
>
> Unfortuantely I don't have any other programs that read/write CMYK JPEG
> files... anyone else out there have one we can double-check with?  Maybe
> Corel Draw or something?

I have verified that *all* the images produced by patched PIL and i have
posted on the site, shows correctly with the following program (under
Win2000 platform):

IMdisplay 1.0 (the viewer of ImageMagick 6.2.6)
ACDSee Classic 2.43
IrfanView 3.97
Inkscape 0.43
Gimp 2.2.10
Corel Photo Paint 8
Corel Draw 8

I have also tryed to insert the images in a Word 2000 document, and all
are correctly showed.

I have found only one strangeness with OpenOffice Draw and, in general,
with the JPEG graphic filter of OpenOffice, both version 2.0.2 and
1.1.5: they cannot open none of the images but since they can open only
"test02" and "test03" of the original images, it seems a weakness of the
JPEG filter of OpenOffice.

Since i've found a machine with Corel Draw 8, i have updated my site
with a sample image (see "part 4") that i think can be useful to make
tests (as requested). It contains the foundamental colour of both RGB
and CMYK color space, with textual annotation:
www.bernispa.com/pil/index.html
I've already tested the patch on this image and it is ok.

Regards.

Cesare.