[Image-SIG] GIF transparency

Oliver Albrecht 550283447739-0001 at t-online.de
Tue Jul 5 23:56:06 CEST 2005

Hallo folks,
I have tried to save a GIF containing transparent pixel in different
attempts and had no success(and some other from my forum), since I could
not figure
out the right options for the save.
Is there any option ensuring transparent pixel to be saved as
transparent or is there any other way to ship around this edge?
To overcome the transparency problem I have inspected the code of your
GifImagePlugin. By fortuity I found that transparent pixel will be
saved right, if I will change line 268 of the Plugin
(> transparency = im.encoderinfo["transparency"])
> transparency = im.info["transparency"]
Will this solution work in any case?

I used PIL 1.1.5 (win32)

--