[Image-SIG] human readable IPTC field names?

Jonah Bossewitch jb2410 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 12 21:23:44 CET 2005

Hi,

ps - I apologize for x-posting this message, but image-sig looked like
it has been inactive since 2001.

I am using the IptcImagePlugin to extract the IPTC tags from an image
file.  I was able to successfully retrieve the tags from the image
(thanks!), but the results are keyed off of cryptic tuples.

I found the lookup codes here -
http://demo.imagefolio.com/demo/ImageFolio31_files/skins/cool_blue/
images/iptc.html, but I was wondering if these existed anywhere in the
code.  Would it make sense to include a label lookup on these keys?
Maybe as a dictionary or a properties file alongside the
IptcImagePlugin?

I am not sure if these field names are standard, but named lookups off
of keys would be much more readable

does such a lookup table exist?  Does it make sense to include with the
IptcImagePlugin?  I would be willing to work on this if anyone was
interested.

thanks,
Jonah
Jonah Bossewitch