[Image-SIG] Re: Re: ANN: PIL 1.1.5 beta 3 (february 8, 2005)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Feb 8 23:38:15 CET 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> That fixes it, of course.
>>
>> % python selftest.py
>> 55 tests passed.
>>
>> Most of the projects I deal with will run tests with the build dir in
>> sys.path so that you don't
>> have to install before testing.
>
> that's why the README recommends you to do
>
>         $ python setup.py build_ext -i
>         $ python selftest.py
>
> (this builds the extension "in place", so you can test it without
> having
> to mess with the path)

I see, I simply ran "python setup.py build" after modifying the
setup.py accordingly (to make sure it built before packaging with
bdist_mpkg), and then it said to run selftest.py to test, so I did.  It
didn't tell me I needed to do anything else.  I (obviously) didn't
bother to read the README.

-bob