[Image-SIG] Re: pasting problem...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Sep 19 23:59:10 CEST 2004

Kevin wrote:

> I'm running into a very strange and frustrating problem when pasting - error
> "argument 3 must be ImagingCore, not ImagingCore"
>
> I'm doing a very straight-forward im.paste(overlay, None, mask) function,
> and I've verified the images are all ok.  Elsewhere in the same program
> pasting works just fine.
>
> Any idea what could cause such a strange error?  argument 3 must be
> ImagingCore, not ImagingCore

do you have multiple _imaging modules lying around?

I'm not sure what can cause this, but it sure looks like you're passing in an
Image object created by one _imaging instance into another one...  (that is,
the internal paste function gets an object that claims to be an ImagingCore
object, but isn't defined in the same module).

(to verify this, compare id(type(target.im)) with id(type(mask.im)), where
target is the image you're trying to paste into, and mask is the mask image.
if the id's are different, you have multiple _imaging instances in memory...)