[Image-SIG] ANN: PIL 1.1.5 alpha 4 (september 12, 2004)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Sep 12 13:14:01 CEST 2004

A PIL 1.1.5 alpha 4 tarball is now available from effbot.org:

    http://effbot.org/downloads#imaging

(look for Imaging-1.1.5a4.tar.gz)

HELP WANTED!

This release contains a major change to the build procedure; instead
of the old configure/make/setup dance, there's now a single setup.py
file that does it best to do everything in one operation.

I've tested this on a variety of Windows and Unix boxes (including an
assortment of Linux versions), and every major Python version from
1.5.2 and onwards, but I still need help with:

    1) Mac OS X
    2) Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and other non-x867 Unixes.
    3) any other platform you can think of...

To test the build script, just unpack the tarball in a suitable location,
and run the following commands in the new directory:

    python setup.py build_ext -i
    python selftest.py

The first command should end with a build summary, the second should
print "55 tests passed".

(Note that to build this release for Python 1.5.2, you need to install the
stand-alone version of distutils.  See the README file for more info).

For a list of other changes, see this page:

    http://effbot.org/zone/pil-changes-115.htm

Report bugs to this list or directly to me, as usual.

enjoy /F