[Image-SIG] Re: Hard to OCR Font

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Apr 19 13:55:51 EDT 2004

--

Hi Tom,

(My sympathies about perl.)

You are so nice to write me.  I love your ttf fonts and your web page.
It's about the grooviest web site I've ever seen.

And, in fact, it was your cursive.bdf from your X11fonts page that
broke one PIL function, and your toast.ttf that broke the other.

I did load your dnahand.ttf font into PIL on a Windows machine last
night and it went in without a snag.  This has given me the confidence
to maybe look at the PIL code so I can get all your cool ttf fonts
happening on my linux box, and help PIL.

But Fredrik Lundh just pointed me to some .pil fonts so I might get
lazy and use them and move on.

I'm going away to Mexico tonight so I will stop thinking about this
for a few days.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to write.

Marilyn Davis