[Image-SIG] trying it in osx...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:05:02 +0100

derek prowse wrote:

> I've been trying to get PIL to install for a while now, and seem to=20
> have met a few problems..   I'm sure this list doesn't get many 'i=20
> can't install' posts,  and I apologize for being such a lamer.

in my experience, Mac OS X folks either seem to be able to build PIL
out of the box without much effort, or they never manage to build it
at all.

PIL 1.1.2 seems to be available from the fink project:

    http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/pil

Jack Jansen's MacPython kit also includes (some version of) PIL:

    http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html

and so does Bob Ippolito's kitchensink distribution:

    http://redivi.com/~bob/

if you insist on building it yourself, here's a pythonmac thread that =
might
provide additional information:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2002-October/006389.html

checking with the pythonmac-sig people might also help.

if you sort this one out, let me know what you did so I can add the info
to the PIL FAQ.

</F>