[Image-SIG] trying it in osx...

derek prowse esworp@mac.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 02:43:40 -0600

Ok.. enter the Idiot Mac User.

I've been trying to get PIL to install for a while now, and seem to
have met a few problems..   I'm sure this list doesn't get many 'i
can't install' posts,  and I apologize for being such a lamer.

That said, take a look at this:

ld: for architecture i386
ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/lib) does not exist
ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/lib) does not exist
ld: warning /usr/lib/bundle1.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not
match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./_imaging.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./decode.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./encode.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./map.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./display.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./outline.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning ./path.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
ld: warning libImaging/libImaging.a archive's cputype (18, architecture
ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (can't
load from it)
ld: can't locate file for: -ljpeg
make: *** [_imaging.so] Error 1

I get this after the final make command in the install process.  As I
am pretty much clueless, any help would be great.

btw, I'm installing PIL to try and get images out of my handspring
visor with this:  http://www.tammura.at/eyemodule/  since visor dropped
mac support for the springboard cam.  grr.