[Image-SIG] clarification Re: PIL Fonts, TTF fonts, converting, rendering, how do I go about this?

A M Thomas am@virtueofthesmall.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 00:25:10 -0500

My first message is probably a little difficult to follow (I need
sleep), so please forgive this addition:

I successfully (as far as I can tell) converted from TTF to BDF format
using the windows ttf2bdf.exe utility, but I can't convert from BDF to
PIL format - the pilfont.py program gives errors.

I just downloaded and installed the Python Image Library, so I know I
have the most recent version.

It would be great if I didn't have to convert my TTF fonts to PIL
format, but it looks like the solutions I found in my searches sort of
stalled out without reaching completion - correct me?

Thanks,
Am