[Image-SIG] Re: Serious PNG bug

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:19:57 +0100

Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> This is yet another reminder about a serious
> bug in PIL regarding the PNG format. PIL
> sometimes fails while loading a valid PNG
> image.
>
> This bug was first reported on this list by
> Bernhard Herzog way back in October 1999.

if you're talking about problems reading interlaced PNG files,
that has been mentioned in the PIL documentation since PNG
support was first added (December 1996).

> It was reported several more times since then.
> Bernhard even posted a patch that fixes the bug
> in July 2001.

I cannot find any trace of a patch in my image-sig mailbox;
I'll check the mail.python.org archives as soon as I can get
through to python.org...

</F>