[Image-SIG] Float PIL image to bitmap

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:52:09 -0600

    Cliff> I do the same thing, although efficiency hasn't been a
    Cliff> problem in my application (it only needs this conversion
    Cliff> occasionally, and it does seem fairly fast)

Yep, doing just a few is, but my data is a series of MRI slices of a
brain scan and there are a lot of slices.  The conversion takes a fair
amount of time.  Not so long that you can't wait, but long enough that
you wish you didn't have to.  I figured some guru (like you!) would
have a ready solution at their fingertips...

John Hunter