[Image-SIG] Pil format fonts use...

Les Schaffer godzilla@netmeg.net (Les Schaffer)
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:03:36 -0500 (EST)

Kevin said:

> As I mentioned earlier in the week, I wish to create a library of
> high-resolution PIL fonts for the PIL world to use.

just out of curiousity, for what purpose would these fonts serve PIL
users? right now i use PIL for astro image processing, and i am
usually not allowed to add lettering to the Jupiter Ring System  :-)

so what do other people using image proc tools need with good font
support under PIL? are people using PIL for graphics production?
adding text to images as i might do in a Gimp or PhotoShop??

les 'just curious' schaffer