[Image-SIG] Problem with PIL -Subscribe

Adeniyi Adebowale Oke Adeniyi Adebowale Oke" <oke@sask.trlabs.ca
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:41:29 -0600

I am still having a lot of problems. I cannot include gif or jpeg image
inside a frame using Label. I continue to have this problem as shown below.
Can anyone please help me?

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON\TOOLS\IDLE\ScriptBinding.py", line 131, in
run_module_event
    execfile(filename, mod.__dict__)
  File "C:\TEMP\Examples\AppB\canvas.py", line 20, in ?
    img = PhotoImage(file='img52.gif')
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1874, in
__init__
    apply(Image.__init__, (self, 'photo', name, cnf, master), kw)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1839, in
__init__
    self.tk.call(('image', 'create', imgtype, name,) + options)
TclError: can't invoke "image" command:  application has been destroyed

Also, about the installation of Python Imaging Library, i am very confused
because it is not working properly.

Please can you give me hints about this.

Niyi