[Image-SIG] Transparency not supported on Mac?

Bob Savage bsavage@stanford.edu
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 14:34:06 -0800

Hi,

I am not able to properly display with Tkinter, & PIL a GIF file which has
transparency turned on on my Mac. Is there anyone out there who can confirm
this for me?

This URL points to a .sit file which demonstrates my attempts to use both
straight Tkinter & PIL. The GIFs show properly if the transparency is not
turned on, but with transparency turned on (GIF89a export from PhotoShop)
they look really messed up. If you download the file and run it on your
system, and it looks fine, please let me know. I tried to run these tests
on a windows machine, but there seems to be some problem with the install
'cuz neither script will run. When I drag the transparent GIF into a
browser window with a non-white background I can clearly see the
transparent effect, so I don't believe it's the file.

<ftp://216.101.184.71/transparency.sit>

thanks for any help,

Bob
--