[Image-SIG] Canvas with PhotoImage

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:46:56 +0100

>Much to my surprise, it seems that the PIL image that is shown
>on the screen is not represented in the "postscript" output of
>the Tkinter.Canvas. Does anyone have a solution for this? I know I
>can convert a PIL image to PostScript, but I don't know how much work
>it would be to integrate that with the Canvas-produced code to produce a
>composite PostScript image.

Tk's postscript driver boldly ignores image objects
displayed on the canvas...

IIRC, the "dash" patches to Tk addresses this problem.
You can probably find them via the resource section
on www.scriptics.com.

If you don't want to require a patched version of Tk,
you may be able to use PIL's PSDraw module to draw
the entire thing directly as postscript.

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com