[Image-SIG] Canvas with PhotoImage

Rob Hooft r.hooft@euromail.net
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:18:43 +0100 (MET)

I am trying to make an MPEG movie consisting of subsequent frames
of the Tkinter.Canvas containing a PIL image.

I dreamt up a scheme that lets the canvas write itself repeatedly as a
PostScript file, and then use "mpeg_encode" using ImageMagick (convert
and ghostscript) to convert the "eps" files via "ppm" to "mpg".

Much to my surprise, it seems that the PIL image that is shown
on the screen is not represented in the "postscript" output of
the Tkinter.Canvas. Does anyone have a solution for this? I know I
can convert a PIL image to PostScript, but I don't know how much work
it would be to integrate that with the Canvas-produced code to produce a
composite PostScript image.

Regards,

Rob Hooft

--