[Image-SIG] PIL Wishlist

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:10:56 -0400 (EDT)

Distilling a wish list from the recent postings, I come up with this:

	* RLE format support

	* Test pattern generators

	* Complement: cutting out strips of an image

	* Support for multiple-frame images should be documented;
there are some demo scripts in Scripts/ (gifmaker.py, explode.py) but
they're not very well-known.

	* There are other font rendering solutions such as t1lib and
pilfont.  t1lib seems too large to add to PIL, but maybe pilfont can
be added.

	* Freetype support

	* t1lib

	* Clean up and document the SANE interface (my job).

Other suggestions?

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Well, there was this doggy. He was a very clever doggy. He said things like...