[Image-SIG] PIL

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:37:31 -0400 (EDT)

David Ascher writes:
 > F/ (Fredrik) claimed he was on vacation a couple of days ago, so he may
 > not see this for a little while.  I'll let him answer most of your
 > comments, but I thought I'd mention one thing re: fonts -- there is a
 > in a bitmap as masks).  Fredrik and I have also talked about adding
 > Freetype support, which I use on the OpenGL side of things.  Apparently an

  Perhaps this is a good chance to mention the t1lib library; this is
a rasterizer for Adobe Type1 fonts.  A Python interface (which I
wrote) already exists  and is bundled with the main t1lib package.
See http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/t1lib/ for more information.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191