[IMAGE-SIG] CDX python for writing games

Ed Phillips ed@udel.edu
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:49:43 -0500 (EST)

	Would anyone be interested in such a thing?  I was thinking that
it might be nice to merge CDX (a nice interface to DirectX) into python.
It would basically allow the use of DirectX from python... but since I'm
new to python, I'm not very skilled at creating these kind of
wrappers/modules yet. I'd like to be able to do full screen 640x480x256
color (at least) with sprites, maps (made of tiles), load and save
bitmaps, play sounds, play MIDI, etc. from python.  Sorry for the
off-topic stuff... is there a general mailing list?

	Ed

|Ed Phillips <ed@udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082       |
|Systems Programmer II, Network and Systems Services                   |
|finger -l ed@polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key                  |

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org