[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Newbie: lena.jpg fails to load

Ken Whedbee whedbee@ddi.digital.net
26 Mar 1997 20:43:33 -0500

Ken Whedbee <whedbee@digital.net> writes:

> I'm getting a failure trying to load "lena.jpg" and would like some
> pointers in resolving this.  I can get "lena.gif" to load correctly.
> However, when I try "lena.jpg" I get:
>
> Python 1.4 (Nov 17 1996)  [GCC 2.6.3]
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/local/lib/python1.4/Imaging/Lib/Image.py", line 321, in resize
>     self.load()
>   File "/local/lib/python1.4/Imaging/Lib/ImageFile.py", line 148, in load
>     d = _getdecoder(d, e, a, self.decoderconfig)
>   File "/local/lib/python1.4/Imaging/Lib/ImageFile.py", line 49, in _getdecoder
>     raise IOError, "decoder %s not available" % d
> IOError: decoder jpeg not available

Ok - I'll answer my own question.  I found out you have to have
-DHAVE_LIBJPEG in the DEFS= line in the Imaging/Makefile and in the
Imaging/libImaging/Makefile.  Too bad the "Setup" file doesn't handle
this automatically for you.

--
Ken Whedbee
mailto:whedbee@ddi.digital.net

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org