[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] new decoders?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:48:15 +0100

Recently, Perry Stoll <pas@xis.xerox.com> said:

> I'm curious to know the prognosis for new decoders in PIL. In my case,
> it would be helpful to have a wider range of tiff decoders, such as
> Group 3 or 4 Fax. How would something like this get added? Patches,
> shareware, freeware versions, /F writes it himself? I realize there was
> a specific decision not to use the tiff library, but can we "borrow"
> their codecs?

img can read tiff files, so with the img-to-pil bridge you should be
able to process them in pil (although I haven't used the bridge
recently).

Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org