[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Transparency in TK

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:40:06 +0100

> Sorry to bother anyone, but is there a way to implement true
> transoparency in Tkinter? I am working on an application that will
> involve animated icons moving over various backgrounds.  I would
> like there to be transparent areas in the icons.

There's been a few posts to the Tcl list containing code that makes
GIFs and XPMs fully transparent.  It's probably not much work to hack
the PIL tkinter interface so it supports this feature.  (Yes, it's on
my list... might be able to squeeze it into 0.2b5).

Cheers	/F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org