[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] PIL Feature Summary

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Thu, 30 May 1996 15:39:05 +0200

> I was referring to the following IMG library:

 Aha.  Nice package, but last time I looked it seemed as if a lot of
functionality in there were implemented in the utilities and not in
the library itself.  That would make it rather difficult to turn it
into a real Python extension.

 One solution could be to use Python "pipes" module.  That would allow
you to design a Python module which builds and runs imgstar processing
pipelines.  If you have the time...

 When it comes to PIL, I've decided to let the matrix-sig folks take
care of the more serious image/signal processing stuff, including FFT
stuff.

Regards	/F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org