[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] PIL questions and coments.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:57:29 +0100

> I just got the handbook postscript file, but for some reason
> ghostview complains about insufficient memory. The result is that I
> can neither view nor print the handbook. (I have 32 megabytes of
> memory, so I don't think there is any real problems with memory.)

Displays fine on my machine, with Ghostscript 3.6x something.

There was a thread on the main list about similar problems with the
Reference manual; those problems went away with more recent versions
of Ghostscript.  Could be idea to check the c.l.py archive for
pointers on where to find that.

As soon as I find the time (and PIL 0.2 comes closer to a final
release), I'll generate PDF and (hopefully) HTML versions of the
handbook.

> Also, I just compiled PIL 0.2b2 for tkinter support, but
> the instructions given don't match what I did to compile.
> Since PIL+tkinter work on my computer, I presume that there's some
> mistake in the docs.

So what did you do?

	/F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org