[Idle-dev] Rework when IDLE opens editor and/or shell windows

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 21 20:54:55 CEST 2010

I agree completely with Weeble but can continue to live with starting
as an editor being a configuration parameter (VIDLE in fact ships with
this set to "start in editor").

Note that if you're starting from a command line, you already have a
(primitive) shell available: just start Python instead of IDLE.

Bruce Sherwood