[Idle-dev] Rework when IDLE opens editor and/or shell windows

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:54:56 CEST 2010

If you're speaking solely about running IDLE from a command line I
don't care what the situation is. But it is extremely important to me
that my students (and I) be able to start IDLE in such a way that what
one sees is a blank edit window and no shell window, on all platforms
(Windows, Mac, Linux). If there is some way to continue to be able to
do this, by means of how the script/shortcut is set up, fine. But you
seem to be proposing that this behavior would in the future be
eliminated, which is not acceptable.

Bruce Sherwood