[Idle-dev] printing in IDLE

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 9 16:48:37 EDT 2004

hi Kurt, granted Ctrl-p is mapped to print in Windows Notepad and Word,
but at least in Windows you get a Print dialog box that pops up and,
depending on a click or keystroke, sends a job to the print spool or not.
On Debian as soon as I hit Ctrl-p a job is sent to the print spool.  For
me this is undesirable.  Additionally printing IDLE on Debian seems to
truncate output on the left hand side, which is why I wanted to disable
print-window.