[I18n-sig] pygettext and msgfmt support for distutils

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
16 Apr 2003 21:24:43 +0200

Bernhard Herzog <bh@intevation.de> writes:

> What I'd still like to have is a way to at least get the functionality
> of xgettext (or pygettext) and msgfmt into the distutils setup.py in
> such a way that it works on windows as well as on Unix.
>
> Is someone working on this kind of thing?

I'm with Barry here: You shouldn't have xgettext as part of the build
or install commands. Providing a different command would be fine. For
msgfmt, having that as a build step would be useful.

However, more important, to me, seems to define a mechanism to
smoothly install .mo files, in a location where gettext would find
them.