[I18n-sig] Plural forms

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:04:53 +0200

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

>barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:
>

>>I just briefly (re-)skimmed the gettext manual section on plural
>>forms.  It looks like you'll also have to add support for this in
>>pygettext.py, in the .mo/.po header parsing routines, and (maybe?) in
>>msgfmt.py.
>>

>Implementing the expression syntax from the po header might be the
>most tricky part - especially as that syntax is not properly specified
>(to my knowledge), so one would need to reverse-engineer it from the
>gettext implementation. I'd suggest that anybody attempting such a
>thing should also provide gettext maintainers with a detailed
>documentation of that feature.
>
>Regards,
>Martin

I was thinking only about changing the API and everything that
is needed for it to work, like parsing of MO files. But let
pygettext for later.

A question, since now xgettext supports Python (didn't tried it,
but that's what the documentation says), why not to depracate
pygettext and stop its development?

J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software