[I18n-sig] Plural forms

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
03 Sep 2002 22:00:08 +0200

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> I just briefly (re-)skimmed the gettext manual section on plural
> forms.  It looks like you'll also have to add support for this in
> pygettext.py, in the .mo/.po header parsing routines, and (maybe?) in
> msgfmt.py.

Implementing the expression syntax from the po header might be the
most tricky part - especially as that syntax is not properly specified
(to my knowledge), so one would need to reverse-engineer it from the
gettext implementation. I'd suggest that anybody attempting such a
thing should also provide gettext maintainers with a detailed
documentation of that feature.