[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.5 released

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:06:16 -0400

    MAL> I think we should consider making your codecs *the* official
    MAL> Japanese codecs for Python. The PSF will need a signed
    MAL> agreement from you, though:

+1

    MAL> Side-note: a consequence of making them official would be
    MAL> to use python.org as host for the archives.

    MAL> What do you think ?

I think the python-codecs project on SF is a fine place for the
project management, unless we wanted to pull them into the python
project (perhaps in the nondist area, if we don't want to increase the
size of the standard Python distro).

Making them available from python.org is another good option, and we
can definitely do that, providing Tamito with cvs access to the
pydotorg pages, or doing that on his behalf.

-Barry