[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.5 released

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:21:29 +0200

Tamito KAJIYAMA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've released JapaneseCodecs 1.4.5.  The source tarball is
> available in the following location.
>
>   http://www.python.jp/Zope/download/JapaneseCodecs/JapaneseCodecs-1.4.5.tar.gz
>
> The installation procedure has been changed so as to install
> JapaneseCodecs as the default Japanese codecs (by means of
> aliases).  If you don't want to make it the default, use the
> build_py --without-aliases option that prevents setup.py from
> registering the aliases.

I think we should consider making your codecs *the* official
Japanese codecs for Python. The PSF will need a signed
agreement from you, though:

  http://www.python.org/psf/psf-contributor-agreement.html

(these docs are not final yet, so in the meantime all we could
do is offer web-space)

> By the way, I will soon shutdown the Web server that has been
> used to distribute Python related software of mine.
>
>   http://pseudo.grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/~kajiyama/python/
>
> I'd like to find a new distribution site as soon as possible.
> Sorry for inconvenience.

Side-note: a consequence of making them official would be
to use python.org as host for the archives.

What do you think ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH