[I18n-sig] Re: pygettext.py extraction of docstrings

Fri, 25 May 2001 22:12:42 +0200

> But the po-file format documentation doesn't say that additional flags
> can be defined for #, comments.  It seems to me a simple omission in
> the documentation, right?  Is the intent of #, flags that the
> extraction tools can define additional, language-specific flags?

I'd say that nobody has thought of that. Bruno is probably the person
to give a definitive yay or nay here, but I'd hope that tools
shouldn't go into flames if they see an extra flag. Atleast GNU
msgmerge does not show any concern.

Of course, it would be better if this possibility could be codified
somewhere, and if gettext.texi could serve as the repository of
well-known flags - even if they don't all have a meaning to GNU
gettext. Adding such documentation is probably an issue of submitting
patches against gettext.texi.