[I18n-sig] Re: gettext in the standard library

Karl Eichwalder keichwa@gmx.net
08 Sep 2000 12:08:31 +0200

> [Martin von Loewis]

> > I don't know anybody who'd prefer that
> > over just falling back to English.

Yes, there are quite some (I'm told by native speakers -- personally,
I'm not familiar with these languages):

    br:fr_FR        Bretonian - French (France)
    gl:es_ES:pt_PT  Galician - Spanish (Spain) - Portuguese (Portugal)
    XX:ru           where XX stands for eastern European languages -
                    Russian=20

Fran=E7ois Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> But I got that in Europe, many people have an extended culture, making
> me jealous (:-), and it is not uncommon for them to be comfortable
> with many languages.

You simply have to if you wish to travel a bit ;) (unfortunately, my
active languages are rather limited).

--=20
work : ke@suse.de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,