[I18n-sig] Re: Translating doc strings

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
04 Sep 2000 21:16:45 -0400

[martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de]

> With that approach, the next question is: What is the name of the textual
> domain, and how are translation managed? My proposal was "pylib"; Barry's
> "docstring".

Why not merely "python"?

> As for management of translations, I'd like to ask the Free Translation
> Project for help.  As soon as we've settled the technical issues, I'd
> like to submit a catalog for translation.

You will be quite welcome, and have an accomplice within! :-)

When you will feel that the time is proper, just write to me again.  You may
browse `http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/maintainers.html' if
you want to know the questions we usually need answered, and I may open
the translation domain as soon as the textual domain name is decided.