[GSoC-general] Share my draft with my mentors

Hongye Huang huang.hongye at outlook.com
Mon Mar 26 22:02:26 EDT 2018

Dear Huangqiang,

As a student of last year in GSoC, I would like to give you the following suggestions:

  1.  This mailing list has some time delay.
  2.  Share your proposal directly to the SciPy community and your mentors, not the general Python GSoC community.
  3.  There are only a few hours to the deadline, so please get the feedback from your mentors as soon as possible. Once you submit it to Google, the document will be permanent and you may never change it again.
  4.  Write your blog posts in English. If my memory is correct, this is the rule of GSoC.
  5.  Instead of writing the whole structure of your class, I suggest you to write only the APIs that could be called from the outside.
  6.  I suggest you to leave the time for documentation every month, or you will forget about what you have written.

Best regards,

Huang Hongye