[GSoC-general] Contribute to Python Software Foundation

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Jan 22 18:48:50 EST 2018

On 2018-01-20 3:19 AM, Nachiket Trivedi wrote:
> Now, I want to contribute to open source pertaining to the same field,
> and hence I've been exploring about it. I stumbled upon your
> organization and was quite impressed by varied branches of Python
> Software Foundation, especially Kivy Framework, which I've worked with
> before. In my first research paper, I propose a tool(MalDetec) which
> uses a network traffic analysis to detect malicious URL accesses in
> android without root-privilege requirements. I used python to make this
> tool because of its rich library support and easy network traffic
> analysis. I consulted the python-for-android open source project and
> hence used the Kivy framework to design my tool. My whole research paper
> revolves around malware detection, with Python and Kivy being at the
> core of it.

Hi Nachiket,

I'm sorry to say that I haven't heard from Kivy yet this year, so I
don't know if they're intending to participate, but I'm currently
assuming they don't intend to participate with us.

You should contact them directly!  Their contact information can be
found here: https://kivy.org/docs/contact.html

  Terri