[group-organizers] RSVPs

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Tue Jun 9 15:57:09 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Don Sheu <dinaldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks, wondering what approaches folks have to encouraging accurate
> RSVPs for events.
>
> Some of PuPPy's organizers want to charge a fee of $5 over Eventbrite.
> Amount would be refunded on check-in.
>
> Welcome everybody's thoughts and experience on this one.

What problem are you trying to solve by making people pay, and how
large is the data set of inaccurate RSVPs to accurate attendance for
the group? I've found between 60-70% attendance to be the rate with
the handful of things I've organized, other organizers I've talked to
were roughly in that range, and 0.65 happens to be the number Ned
settled on in pizza.py. What have you in seen in that group?