[Expat-discuss] Expat on AS400. Help needed !

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri Aug 23 15:00:02 2002

Marta Padilla writes:
 > - In OS400 file names cannot be longer than 8 characters so I had to change
 > file names like "xmltok_impl" and the source code of both library
 > and xmlwf (the application I was testing) with these changes.

Does the AS/400 use an 8.3 convention, or something else?  I'd like to
take care of this before another release comes out, if we can get the
information we need.

 > - Other "silly" issue was to change lines longer than 80 characters (another
 > wonderful feature of OS400) in all source code.

This has been taken care of in the Expat sources now (in CVS).  Many
of the build support files used on Unix, Windows, and Mac OS still
have long lines; those will be more difficult to change, and may not
be possible for all of them.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--