[Expat-discuss] Expat mailing lists are moving

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri Aug 23 12:22:27 2002

All three of the mailing lists for the Expat project are moving, and
will no longer be hosted at SourceForge.

SourceForge has proven itself an incredibly valuable resource for open
source developers, and it's certainly made the continued maintenance
of Expat much nicer than it could have been.  Unfortunaltey, it's very
success has caused it enough load on their systems that the
performance and reliability of some components has fallen behind, most
importantly the mailing list servers.

To avoid suffering the highly variable delays in getting mail off the
SourceForge list servers to recipients' inboxes, we're going to host
the lists in the libexpat.org domain.  We will continue to use the
Mailman mailing list manager used on SourceForge, but using the list
archive software provided with Mailman, which isn't quite as nice as
the archive interface available on SourceForge.

The new lists have been created, and we'll probably shut down the old
lists next week.  You can subscribe to the new lists at: