[EuroPython] FYI: Chat recap re: the CFP

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:26:38 +0100

We met on IRC this morning at 10h00 gmt+1 and discussed the call for
papers.  In attendence: Anna, Tom, Paul.

Here are some of the conclusions we reached:

   o Two flavors of talks, 30 min and 45 min

   o Tutorial proposals are also accepted

   o Lightning talks (5 min) will be handled later

I'll draft a Call For Papers, based on the Wiki notes from last year
and Guido's PyCon page.

We'll discuss this again at 17h00 today, hopefully I'll have a draft
by then.

--Paul

Recap of IRC

   o Remember to use the europython roundup site

   o Perhaps we should move the afternoon IRC to evening

   o Last year's draft Call For Papers page is at
   http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/RequestForPapers

   o What information do CFP submitters need before deciding to submit
   a proposal?

   o The PyCon CFP is at
   http://www.python.org/workshops/oscon2002/cfp.html

   o There are four choices for submission, *not including* the
   keynote(s)

     - Short talk (30 min)

     - Long talk (45 min)

     - Lightning talk (5 min)

     - Tutorial (2 h)

   o Leave some space in between sessions to encourage mingling

   o Adopting the new-style of conference: free space in schedule,
   rooms for mingling, BoFs and lightning talks as prime focus, sprints